Just broke through one of the most painful writer’s blocks I’ve experienced, this one spanning a total of eleven weeks. Eleven! Yikes.
The true meaning of 11 weeks: two and a half months kind of.
What I could have done within those 11 weeks:
- Finish a crappy draft of a full-length novel
- Write 11 short stories
- Edit another draft of an existing novel
- Come up with a million ideas
- Write a masterpiece
What I did instead:
- Wrote crappy drafts of two short stories that will probably never see the light of day
- Stared at my blinking cursor a lot
- Opened a lot of new documents and then closed them without saving
What I’m doing now:
- Working on a hopefully not-crappy first draft of my new novel, a young adulty fairy tale about a witch, a warlock, two princes, a princess, and a dragon. You’ve been warned.